🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

FeVI, an unnamed 4E6 entry

Started by
2 comments, last by Moe 16 years, 7 months ago
I'm a little late to the party, but maybe you guys will let that slide. Me and my team (4 total) are working on a classic adventure-style game (ala Monkey Island or Beavis & Butthead: Virtual Stupidity), built in full 3D. The game is built on Ogre, CEGUI, OIS, and Boost, which we've congealed into a pretty nice engine. Anyway, before I bore you to death, have a look at some of our early models: Piano Pony Keg Our game starts at right at the beginning of Prohibition in the 20's, when the main character (an accountant by day and chronic alcoholic by night) passes out in a speakeasy and wakes up facedown in the water trough of a particularly unfriendly pony. Thrown together, it's up to this unlikely duo to find the truth behind the Government's ban on alcohol and avoid the noxious (and anachronistic!) forces of the ATF, all while hiding from a surprisingly hostile populace and running an ill-fated brewery on the side. The game is broken up into short 'acts'; for the competition we plan to ship the first act, a 10-minute tutorial/demo, along with a substantial second act and at least one minigame. Comments, suggestions, and criticisms are more than welcome; we're a team of 4 programmers, so our art is destined to be a bit sub-par. The plan is to post to this thread at least once a week, partly to let you guys know how we're progressing, and partly to give us a weekly deadline to shoot for. Let me know what you think!
Advertisement
It looks interesting. Although imo, the horse looks too simplistic compared to the other two objects. I suspect it could still be a wip.

About the 10 minute demo/tutorial. I think I read somewhere that an entry needs to be around twice that time.

Anyway, as with all other entries, I'm looking forward to updates.
Looks pretty good. I agree that the pony might be a bit more simplistic, but I love cell shading. :) ANd the concept is interesting too.
Feel free to post future screenshots in the Unofficial screenshot thread.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement