🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Engines?

Started by
2 comments, last by brain21 16 years, 6 months ago
My game has sort of changed direction. I was going to do a Diablo type game, but now it looks like I'll be doing a graphical adventure game. Are we allowed to use game engines? like AGS? You have to program it through a scripting language and then the game engine compiles it into something that it can use. Brain21
Advertisement
I think (and hope) the answer is "yes!". I could swear I read that somewhere...
*-----------------------sig------------Visit my web site (Free source code and games!) @ http://SpaceRacer2025.blogspot.com--------------------------------------*
Quote:
4e6 rules
7. Entrants are both allowed and encouraged to use 3rd party libraries, engines, and middleware to develop their entry, provided that whatever they use permits unrestricted distribution of the resulting entry executable per the Legal requirements of this contest.

So yes you can, you're even encouraged to do so =)
Ok, so if the engine I am using is free for non-comercial use, that would be ok for this competition?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement