🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Flying Caesar

Started by
208 comments, last by Wai 14 years, 1 month ago
A L B A T R O S S The Flying Caesar [ Archive of Previous Posts ] Story: A crew with a mission to restore the living condition on Earth. Main Characters: Crouton (Captain) Parmesa (Director) Pippali (Doctor) Romaina (Officer) Le Mon (Officer) Worcester (Intern) Allisa (Reporter) Olivia (Child) * Welcome any feedback [Edited by - Wai on March 25, 2009 11:18:37 PM]
Advertisement
Don't forget the garlic!
Intriguing idea. Having humanity abandon Earth during an ice age and the return to it afterwards.

I have a few questions though.

How long was the ice age? From what you wrote it seemed like it only lasted one year. To me that seems kind of short. Also, it would add to humanity's curiosity and intrigue in what lies under the ice if some of them either were too young to remember or weren't alive when the ice age hit. For that to happen they would have to be off Earth for at least ten to fifteen years.

Did you make the graphics yourself?

I am not entirely sure about the plot. There isn't much information written and I can't tell what choices the player has.

Also, have you worked out any game play yet? As in, what kind of game will this be?

Keep updating, this idea is awesome.
_____________________________A wise man once said, 'The mind is the greatest tool in the world. If used correctly, it can cripple armies, maim giants, and overthrow kings'. And then Deep Blue beat him at chess.
Hi!

I must say that you have got this whole thing very well figured out. I'm really wanting but unable to find much solid criticism in your idea.

How do you imagine the game? I imagine it third person where you go around the ship RPG style and switch between characters as needed.
Re: Kelly G: Added Allisa.

Re: FartherThanLife: The ice age was 50 years long. I drew the sprites.

Re: Genjix: I imagine that the player role-plays the characters, but they have their own lives and are not the avatars of the player. The player can see from the perspective of a character, and see their decisions through the perspectives of other characters.

The Albatross is a huge aircraft that monitored the vacant Earth during
its 50-year ice age. With the ice age coming to an end, the Albatross is
appointed as the command center for restoring the living conditions on Earth.

The first task is to repair and re-energize several gateways so that other
vessels and terrestrial machines can be transported to Earth.

[Edited by - Wai on January 12, 2009 3:16:49 AM]
Abbreviated posts ( 2008-02-20 to 2008-03-27 )

Abbreviated on 2010-01-05

Here were the early design posts that went from Sections 1 to 8. Section 6 had at least 13 posts about gameplay elements in the game, including robot programming, robot modding, cooking, gardening, bird keeping, public interaction, flight scheduling, stress bar, tea-making, surreal items, Olivia's diary, Gate Battery, sign of storm.

Section 7 was the Thematic Elements which contained two musics: Lost Equinox, and Tea Steam. Next was a Section 8 post on mobile platforms. Then there was an odd post on the role of interactive story in real life, classified for Section 2, followed my more gameplay and thematic elements: Chain of command, Searing Desert, Dream Factory, Gliding Breeze.

[Edited by - Wai on January 5, 2010 2:03:41 AM]
Captain Crouton? Parmesea? Romania? Olivia? Worcester? This game sounds delicious! I get it. It's a flying ceasar salad! Awesome.

I love the music btw.

I'm really impressed by the quality of everything, including the organization of the whole project. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.
More food:

Highlights:
o Granola is another police officer who is Romaina's best friend and
o she transports special equipment and supports from Falcon 3 on
o a chubby bird.

Sometimes she brings nuts for the other birds and fruits for the officers
on the field. She helps the flight crew relay batteries. Granola also brings
fruits from the Albatross to the Station.

Before the Albatross mission, Romaina was in the intercept and search team
of the Border Patrol.

* In an intercept mission, when a Falcon flies below the atmospheric orbit, it
needs help from the Albatross to swing it back into space.
C7 - Gameplay Elements: Worcester and Crista

Worcester is on Earth. Crista is on the Moon.
Crista does the algorithms. Worcester put the algorithms to the drones.

On the field, Worcester uses a communication headset similar to the one
Romaina uses. It gives Crista a live-feed when they need to do field
debugging.

Through the speaker on the headset, Crista can speak directly to people
near Worcester. She could also switch it to headphone so that only
Worcester could hear.

Worcester and Crista sometimes disagree on the solution and on the
problems. The headset is not worn all the time, so sometimes an
event occurs and Crista would not know about it. He puts on the
headset and the two of them are in different moods. Sometimes Crista
though up a new method and is excited to let Worcester run it in
a bad mood. The live-feed was not a standard procedure. It was more