🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

which way

Started by
1 comment, last by silvero 24 years, 8 months ago
i wrote a ddraw/d3d interface that simplifies initialization into about 10 lines of code. it's part of my d3d engine, and source code is freely available at members.xoom.com/mutex0 goto defyengine

Advertisement
I have programmed with Ogl for a while, now I want to explore d3d 7.0. I'm a beginner in programming DirectX, but I've heard that you should use immediate mode (instead of rm). As an OGL programmer, I was shocked about this ugly long initialisation of d3d. And where are the routines to edit the modelviewmatrix (LoadIdentity, Rotate,...)?
What's the way to get fast d3d apps with fast initialisation and proper matrixroutines?
If you wanna learn D3D, better learn it the correct way. You could use some frameworks to simplify things, but I'd say you should better start with learning how to do all and then use some framework. The initialisation is the biggest part, that's true, but you can normally get it work within two hours as a beginner, look at the tutorials where all the initialisation is done without the framework, maybe copy some stuff and check out what happens if you modify it. While that, read through the documentation and you'll know how to do within one day.

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement