The Evilest Villain...?

Started by
8 comments, last by Masticore2000 23 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I am making a game (ACTION/RPG in a Sci-fi world) and I am trying to think what the bad guy in my game is trying to do. He is already the leader of the most feared organization in the universe. But all threw my game he is really evil. Any ideas about what his final big plan should be?
Leading the Industry in Mental Piracy...
Advertisement
Maybe he could steal all the world''s cookies.

Sorry, I really can''t help unless I know more about the world where this character lives.
Ha..... Alright let me describe the story a bit more. You play one of three characters. 2 aliens, or a human. You were kidnapped to use for testing and you watched as your would was destroyed. On the kidnappers ship, you escape (you are playing as one of the aliens right now) you get stranded on the alien world when the ship lands blah blah blah you set out to find any survivors (mainly your friends) and uncover a evil organization known only as the Directorate. They are doing something very evil, but what...? HELP!

Why doesn''t the villain go around taking all the children from their homes at night to torture and brainwash them. Then the hero uses his magic attacks and massive sword to stab the villain who at the end turns into a huge dragon and then back into a regular guy.

See how dumb RPGs are? Every one of those features has been done and will be done again.
To make someone really evil, have him do experimentations on the people he has kidnapped from other worlds. The more sick and bloody the experiments, the more evil he becomes. Take a reference to the Germans during WWII, what did they do some of their captured people. The History Channel has plenty of Ideas for Evil acts.

Beware of making this guy sooo evil that he becomes cheesy, get lots of examples of that in disney cartoons.

As for the Final Big plan, Immortality is typical, and may work; however their is a universe of potential, such as Making all People in the Universe Equal, or some sort mutant army that follows his orders indiscriminatly, thereby making him the ultimate ruler of the universe, and maybe enforcing their absolute obediance to him through some sort of specialized drug additiction that they can ONLY get from him, or his trusted aids. Its all upto you.
As humans we are all gods, just to different extents of power.
You might want to mosey on over to the writing section & post about backstory & character development. (Or maybe MKV will move this, I dunno).

But here''s my $0.02:

Unless you want a generic plot and badguy motivation, you may want to think a bit more about the game''s world and why it is the way it is. Evil plans and villains we love to hate often are doing something that offends our moral sense of right and wrong. Usually (or maybe realistically) their motivation comes from some kind of advantage their behavior gives them. In other circumstances, they''d behave rightly, but for some reason (depending on the details of your world) they find an advantage that happens to cause others harm. (This is for your non-psycho type villains I think)

A Directorate sounds like a secret society, vaguely CIA or KGB-ish. If the main character was experimented on and their world was destroyed, there has to be some advantage for doing this (just because is lame and often unsatisfying)

What did the Directorate want to achieve? Sentient bioweapons, for which your aliens were good foder? Maybe the goals was to render a planet uninhabitable to cover up a secret? Maybe this Directorate is the expression of an invading parasite that neutralized your alien world because it could potentially oppose them (Babylon 5)?

More detail will help here. Also, I HIGHLY recommend a reading trip through history: History is littered with inspiration and examples that you can adapt and use.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
How about this for an idea.

That first alien, have him go through all that bad stuff and get rescued and go on to the next person. Somewhere along the way, have him dissapear, prefferably in the last 1/3. Let''s say he gets recaptured. Have it turn out he''s a traitor down near the end, and at the end, have him BE the evil bad guy. He simply might be watching how is kidnapping/genetic experiments/etc. is working by subjugating it to himself. Now he is sick, twisted AND evil. Concentrate on vivisections, mutations, maybe a perfect soldier thing, or building the better bio-weapon? How aboit both? If this is true evil, he''ll have his hands in everything in some capacity. Maybe it''s not just one thing, but many, many things that only the characters are able to peice together and point to one organization. Maybe that''s another reason why the evil guy sticks around so long, he sees a hole in his intricate plan and wants to seal it up. Possibilities go on and on. If you wanna hear more, just email me at oni316@yahoo.com. I got lotsa ideas. Hope I help,

Eric
GREAT! Thanks for the ideas people, you really are creative.
I will borrow a little from all of you and here is my idea. One of the main character''s friends does turn out to be the leader of the directorate. The thing is, you thought that that friend died early in the game. He is almost destroyed from the evil within him so he designs and creates a body more fit for his rule. It is built with a special kind of element called something or other. The only thing that can reverse the effects is another element that is found only on the vegetation of your home planet. He destroyed it so that no one could hurt him in his new body (he will transport his soul to his new body). He did the testing to see if the element that could destroy his new genetically engineered was in the inhabitants of the world to.

Sound cool? comment!

the scariest kind of evil (and also the most real) is the kind where not many people realize the organization is evil. Perhaps he is a high up government official and his policies are horrible but people think that they are beneficial. Then he blames the problems he creates on his opponents, gradually gaining more and more power. Only after the hero saves the day will a majority start to realize that maybe he wasn''t such a nice guy after all. Even then a sizable minority will still not see the truth.
"the scariest kind of evil (and also the most real) is the kind where not many people realize the organization is evil. Perhaps he is a high up government official and his policies are horrible but people think that they are beneficial. Then he blames the problems he creates on his opponents, gradually gaining more and more power. Only after the hero saves the day will a majority start to realize that maybe he wasn''t such a nice guy after all. Even then a sizable minority will still not see the truth. "

That''s Nazi Germany. Exactly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement