🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Pushing Ponies

Started by
-1 comments, last by Goober King 16 years, 5 months ago
Well from the looks of things I won't be finishing this in time for entry into the contest but here is what I wanted to enter. If I were to get a sudden overwhelming surge of motivation I might get something playable in time but we will have to see. It's currently about half done but it was the easy half I think. Anyway this is Pushing Ponies, a puzzle game. The play field is a 10x10 grid where gem blocks load from shafts in the ground. You slide the blocks around to get your standard streaks of colored blocks. Then you will have ponies that you send crashing through them for points. Ahhh but ponies are so frail, and cant run though but a couple of gem blocks, so what to do? You got to collect Crystals of course. They grow your ponies up into horses and finally unicorns to plow through greater numbers of blocks for more points. Don't go leaving any of those powerful crystals around for too long as the tend to explode. Taking with them the chance to level up and all the blocks around them. Currently the game randomly loads gem blocks and you can slide them around. I can shatter the blocks too but its not tied into the game play yet. It was just for testing and whewww it was hard work getting that done. The game was done using XNA. The simple modeling was done in an older version of Truespace and the texture mapping and final exporting was done using Blender.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement