🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with numbers in OpenGL

Started by
1 comment, last by menasius 24 years, 8 months ago
Where did you get 25.5 from? Values for each color component should be between 0.0 and 1.0. For example, r: .5, g: .5 and b: .5 would create a gray color. R: .5, G: .5 and B: .8 would create a gray color with a bit of a bluish tint (notice the B: .8).

I hope I explained that well.

--TheGoop

Advertisement
Im having a hard time understanding my situation so Im asking for lots of help.

All of the OpenGL Demos and code samples have bright white lights as {1.0, 1.0 , 1.0, 1.0}

however, this gives no lighting effect when I compile my code and the value 25.5 is roughly full for the RGB values, what gives?

-menasius"Quitters never win...winners never quit...but those who never win and never quit, are idiots"
Thats what Im saying... I know its supposed to be a value between 0 and 1.0 but that wont work and the only way I could get a white light was to have the Diffuse setting at {25.5, 25.5, 25.5, 1.0} If I put in just ones it only does ambient shading.
-menasius"Quitters never win...winners never quit...but those who never win and never quit, are idiots"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement