🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Story of once a beginner

Started by
3 comments, last by Davion 16 years, 3 months ago
Check out the story from once a beginner game designer and story writer. I hope you'll find it interesting read, it should be for anyone who want's to get into game designing and developement industry. http://www.computer-game-design.com
Advertisement

Looks like someone's posted an old book online. From the ToC and a quick skim, it seems to date back to the era of "Interactive Movies" -- i.e., it's written by someone whose credits consist almost exclusively of movie / TV writing. How this makes him an authority on game design and development escapes me, but it may explain why the book is being offered online for free: that's probably all it's worth.

FYI: *Every* industry professional was a beginner once. There is no secret magic involved. The key is education and self-improvement. Period.
Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.
Quote: Original post by stimarcoHow this makes him an authority on game design and development escapes me, but it may explain why the book is being offered online for free: that's probably all it's worth.

The person worked on Tiberian Sun, so I think he knows more than you.

now, Stimarco's response may not have been glowing, however that's no reason to resort to ad hominum attacks.

All in all I have to agree with Stimarco though, it doesn't seem like it's a particularly great resource, and having worked on a game that was a mediocre sequal does not qualify the individual as an expert.
Considering the website is "Copyright 2008" and the most recent game it discusses is Diablo II, I think it's safe to say you aren't going to find anything new. A lot of what he talks about can be found in more recent articles on Gamasutra and other related websites.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement