🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Publishers List

Started by
14 comments, last by runemaster 22 years, 11 months ago
Let's try and make a list of publishers (shareware or full commercial) we know and what we think about them.Everyone can post a link (if it hasn't been posted yet) or say his opinion (or even share an experience). OK, here we go.I'll post a few links. Crystal Interactive Reg.Net Getsoftware Please don't turn this into a flamewar about Crystal Interactive, OK ? Edited by - runemaster on May 20, 2001 10:05:36 AM
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Advertisement
Ok, I''ll post a few links too
Diodor, the point of the disussion was to provide good information and a list of publishers.The link you posted may be interesting, but 99% of those companies are developers and the rest are huge publishers that most of us don''t have a chance with.But thanks for replying anyway, it seems that most people ignore this post .
BTW, can anyone tell of an experience with Reg.net ? Jester perhaps ? Anyone else ?
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Hi!

No sorry I never used Reg.net to publish my games.

There is a difference between order processing services (like Getsoftware) and publishers (like Egames). The first only provide you with an interface to sell your games through, the last really promotes your game, but takes most of the revenue.

I am using Getsoftware up to now and I am very satisfied. They are good, but take 3$ of each sale (20%, 3$ at least).
However I am (propably) changing to RegNow next month. They are cheaper (2$ at least, 20%), you get personal help from a sales associate (at least they do for me), they have an affiliation system, etc.

Links:
getsoftware.com
regnow.com
egames.com

Take care,
Niels

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

I tried scavanging around old gamedev biz topics. This is what I came up with :

Xtreme games - www.xgames3d.com - Andrew Lamothe''s company
www.thinkbig.com agents
Gathering of Developers G.O.D.
ODI games - a GOD for budget titles
pcgamesforyou.com
www.indieparadise.com

Nothing too new I know.

shareware.com.. linuxgames.com..

demonews.com
Jester101,
Do you actually make profits off of getsoftware.com? I was weaving through all the crap in their directory, and personally I wouldn''t waste my time looking for an actually decent product. But that could just be me.. if you actually benefit from registering on it, I might consider it too... ;-)

--Nairb
jester:Can you say how many copies of a game you''re able to sell thru those internet software sellers?
thnx
With best regards, Mirek Czerwiñski
If you ask me - and this is the experience of two years shareware business - you should not think that ANY payment process service will generate sales by "itself".

1. At the beginning most sales come from download sites.

2. Sales are coming from review sites

3. Sales are coming from message boards, etc, etc. and still of course of reviews and download sites.

To get back to your question. Yes, I am selling some directly through getsoftware. At least I remember to have seen it in sometimes on the order e-mails. Sorry, I simply do not know how many. I get up to five sales a day and really do not want to count now.
As I mentioned above this is most likely a low number. Three a month directly through getsoftware? Something like this I guess.

The reason I mentioned Getsoftware was because the owner is nice, pays in time and the system works for me. Maybe another service would be better - who knows? I cannot complain at the moment.

If I am telling crap and you know a payment processing service that generates sales by "itself", please post it. I will sign up immidiately.

Edited by - Jester101 on May 27, 2001 10:50:33 AM

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement