🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What do you use to collaborate your story ideas?

Started by
10 comments, last by Vicente 16 years, 2 months ago
I was just wondering what everyone out there uses to collaborate their story ideas? I started off with mead 5 stars and graduated to using Microsoft One Note on the computer (great program as I can add my soundclips in there and images as well). I will be getting a mac in days and will be using Notebook instead. I was just curious what others use.
Advertisement
Last I knew collaborate was not a transitive verb, but do you mean to share them with other people? Or do you mean to collect and organize your own ideas?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Sounds like he means organize, and if so. I just write it on random pieces of paper. Then transfer it into txt files or doc files.

and if its the other, then I don't. I only talk about game ideas with my friends and family. Cuz I do think my ideas are good (like every one else haha) although not perfect or super duper unique, I think they can definitely make money.
I like Celtx.

It's a freeware software for writing scripts, and it's got a bunch of features to help you out, like index cards for characters, locations, etc. I recommend it.
Cool, I'm gonna look at that. Does it automatically color names or words or something like that. I really wish I can get something like that. Something that makes a character name noticeably different from the rest of text... as well as location, etc.
I'm using a Mac and I bought a couple of small apps to help me brainstorm and write things. For creative writing I'm experimenting with VoodooPad (a personal wiki) for brainstorming ideas, and using Scrivener (a creative writing program with index cards and so on) for writing. It's a better combination that just the plain text files I was using.
http://www.evernote.com/ is my weapon of choice.
cool post! i never even thought that there might be programs geared toward creative writing. i learn something every day!
ever since i was 5, i have always loved the marriage between image and music.
Sorry I forgot to elaborate:

I meant to collect and organize my own ideas.

Thanks for suggestions everyone. I think I will try some of those softwares mentioned.
Ah to synthesise. I generally just use notepad and word.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement