🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

mmorpg

Started by
13 comments, last by pothb 16 years, 4 months ago
I agree the game looks pretty but after hours and hours of leveling what is thee to do at the end but raid.
Advertisement
What Ultima Online was missing..... a good pvp.... I mean, the pvp is almost instant death half the time. A magic blast or 2 and the guy's dead, and archers can kill pretty much anyone.

Advanced skills, they probably should've had like a merging of skills so that you aren't stuck with the original list you started with (albeit, its plentiful as it is). If advanced skills were added, like say blacksmithy + carpentry yields skills to make a new skill to make tanks or something (not a real idea, just an example, so don't shoot me).

and a new sprite for every damn item you can customize with. They got lots (one of my favorite thing about UO) but some items were just reused for different items, which disappointed me.

I'm sure there are other stuff, but thats all for now, off the top of my head.
Yea I played Ultima Online for years, the Pvp got bad with all the ganking. There was a time where you couldnt go out without having five ebolts shot at you. They should of balanced pvp out more.
ahh the age old "I WANT TO MAKE AN MMO!!!" thread
Hes only asking about writing about MMOs. Not exactly wanting to create one...... atleast not yet.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement