🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My textures

Started by
8 comments, last by Prankster 23 years, 1 month ago
Hello... Been lugging around for a while, time to post! Here's a couple of my newer textures, not tileable yet. And here's a couple of my older ones... Critics welcome Edited by - Prankster on May 21, 2001 7:22:36 AM
Advertisement
Very impressive. Too bad they don''t tile very nicely :/ I guess that''s always the same problem.
But you definitely own me on that one !
Did you all do by hand ? And more important ... HOW DID YOU DO THEM I always like to learn new tricks.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Jeez, not much of a response, either I'm doing something wrong, or textures aint very popular around here :
I never do step-by-step tutorials, but if you'd like to chat about textures or art in general, exchange tips 'n tricks etc, I'm always available at marxreid@hotmail.com or icq:117452763.

-sidenote-
About the tiling 'problem'...
I usually do the tiling last, as it is the easiest part to implement in a texture...

Cheers

Edited by - Prankster on May 28, 2001 6:30:33 PM

Edited by - Prankster on May 28, 2001 6:31:11 PM
No, it''s not your fault for the lack or responses. They look really good too. But gamedev kinda lacks artists. It''s more geared towards programmers so don''t take it personal.
Dude1:Look at this!Dude2:Ugh! That's disgusting.Dude1:Its art!Dude2: Its your puke.Dude1:Its abstract art,dammit!
They''re cool, except that one on the top right reeks of stain glass filter
Yeah, they are pretty good.
Top left one looks like its left side is kinda warped, but I really like the top right one. Hits me as a really cool uneven floor-type surface (top and bottom left, the darker lines running horizontal partway).

Very cool design on the bottom right one, but it looks like that bottom right one got squished or smudged somewhere along the way...too many white spots, and it should be just a bit clearer, I think.

That top right one would be great for tiling, but the bottom left one would be better if it were made into a full-size hanging banner, I think, and then a block tile with the same type of blocks was made to tile around it.

(*NOTE* Hope you all know left and right ;-))
You are gonna *love* that article !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Thanks for your responses all :D

Nomadic Soul - Hehe, I guess. I''m one artist that''ll stick around though

Impossible - Yup, you''re right. Although I don''t see that as a problem, it does the job really well. Although, the center gets a bit sharper then the sides of the texture.

Moe - Thanks for your input, hehe

Dragonskin - Bottom right lacks a bit of sharpness, I agree.

ahw - Indeed a pretty nice article
I still need to learn how to texture properly. these are nice but the bottom ones i think are better.

heh, the stain glass is ok. nothing wrong with that i dont think.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED
Redwyrm Online

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement