🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Just a thought

Started by
0 comments, last by Hodgman 16 years, 1 month ago
I had this thought pop into my head the other day and was wondering if yall thought it would make a decent game. I never wrote a story for it, this is just the idea. You are a member of a crew of four exotic hunters. You travel the world hunting down creatures people think do not exist anymore, or never did. One day traveling to a far away land by boat, you are sucked into the bermuda triangle. This teleports you to a world that no one has ever seen before. Everyone else has died, exept the other life in the strange world. There are other humans on the islands, but they are not like you and me. They seem to feed off of blood. There are also animals people have never seen before, like three headed cobras, plants that shoot needles, and so on. Its up to you to use your gear, and set traps to survive. The game would play where you run around killing stuff while you explore, and there will be bosses and stuff. What yall think?
Advertisement
I'm picturing an action-oriented version of Lost in Blue ;)

It could work if there was lots of stuff to explore, as well as interesting ways to make use of stuff that you collect. E.g. making shelters, food, weapons, traps, etc out of dead creatures and items that you find.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement