🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Forum Game, come play!

Started by
40 comments, last by sunandshadow 22 years, 11 months ago
Suppose we want to create a game with the most intricate, profound, mesmerizing, etc. worldbuilding ever. We will allow both science fictional and fantastic elements. Please contribute a few simple elements and/or elaborate on someone else''s contribution. Please limit the playing area to one planet or other large habitable structure. Lesse, I''ll begin with... hmm... -Eggs -Zebra/tiger stripes on something other than one of those animals. -A simple object or a time (of life or of the year) that triggers confusing changes in oneself or reality; this should happen several times or regularly in the game world.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
Eggs and tiger striped things that are not tigers? Either it''s getting a little bit late over on your side of the country, sunandshadow, or you have something up your sleeve.

Ok, lesse, hmmm...

Ummm... (thinking)

-A clocktower, (possibly futuristic), very tall, and it chimes everyday at noon. It is not tiger striped.

-A clocktower, not too tall, but in a large building. The building is decaying, and the clocks ancient mechanisms are getting rusty. The clock is still very accurate, but its mechanisms are so unbelievably noisy you''d think its just going to disintegrate. The unreal noise can be heard for miles. To mark the exact hours, the watch suddenly goes completely silent. In these moments the city inhabitants (especially near the watch) cover their ears (like we would to protect from a very loud bang).

-zebra striped eggs of the black&white zebra striped python
-And about thirty miles or so east of the clocktower is a small coastal village.
-Harvesting pearls

Green and violet pearls, and the pythons have wings.
All the weeds in this world make lovely flowers.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

The locals use the pearls for eyeballs, because they have none. The pearls don''t fit well in their sockets, and so they are always losing them or getting sand caught in their eyes.

Out in the water are large floating eyes, each the size of a full grown person. They are harmless, but very closely watch anyone venturing into the water.
The locals can actually see with these pearls, because of enchantments they put on them. But they all know what it''s like to be blind, so that''s why they''re afraid when the clock stops ticking. They are all very sensitive to sound, and many take their eyes out when they listen to or compose music. At the other end of the scale are visual artists and art conisseurs, who may steal or kill for a pair of pearls that sees particularly well.

What happened to their original eyes? What is the important difference between the way green and violet pearls see? What happens if you wear one of each?

The locals in fact have a religion which is derived from the polarity of their being: noise and silence, vision and blindness, light and dark, sun and shadow. In fact, a translation of their deity''s name is "Sun and Shadow".

Whoa, I''ve been deified!

Allrighty, how about the big eyeballs are my guardians of balance, watching to see that the status quo is not disturbed. And the flying pythons, which happen to have cobra-like hoods with big "eyes" on them, watch the balance on land.

Sandy beaches giveway to marsh and meadows as the landscape progresses towards the clocktower. We have a lone individual, a native of the coastal village, a one pearled character. Blind in one eye, he curiously moves towards the clocktower...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement