🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Forum Game, come play!

Started by
40 comments, last by sunandshadow 22 years, 12 months ago
quote: Original post by NutFruit
They have no ears as the noise from the clock would be unbearable
and therefore communicate via pantomime.

Why would the noise be unbearable?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
hey-

referencing the clocktower:

quote: Original post by Diodor

-A clocktower, not too tall, but in a large building. The building is decaying, and the clocks ancient mechanisms are getting rusty. The clock is still very accurate, but its mechanisms are so unbelievably noisy you''d think its just going to disintegrate. The unreal noise can be heard for miles. To mark the exact hours, the watch suddenly goes completely silent. In these moments the city inhabitants (especially near the watch) cover their ears (like we would to protect from a very loud bang).

-zebra striped eggs of the black&white zebra striped python

Not only do they cover their ears, but they hum REALLY loud, cause they can''t stand the sustained quiet...

-Hyren

"Back to the code mines... ka-chink... ka-chink..."
vidgamez.iwarp.com
"Back to the code mines... ka-chink... ka-chink..."Tachyon Digital - Down for the summer, be back in the fall.
The Russian government, currently desperate for something to boost the economy, has recently rediscovered the records of the project that sent the original cosmonaut to this planet. In conjunction with the Russian Mafia, and 5 of the world''s richest men, Russia has managed to send another operative to investigate the extraterrestial (or maybe extradimensional?) life forms and their unique ability to "swap" body parts.

Russia plans study the native life form''s DNA, and the nature of other inanimate (clockmen, pearls) objects to build products and sell them to other countries for various military\industrial\consumer needs.
The operative then lands in the middle of the pearl eyed locals, who start to have prejudice against him(because he has normal eyes, and do not need the perls to see, rather bizarre in their opinio), and threaten his safety. So he has to flee, what makes his mission more difficult...

Gaiomard Dragon
-===(UDIC)===-
Gaiomard Dragon-===(UDIC)===-
Specifically, they complain that the operative "Won''t share his vision."

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

The pearl eyed race cannot see via refractions of light, rather, they use the pearls to, somehow, enhance the mind candy, and magnify the light entering the orifice, they recieve from sound and create a mental picture of their surroundings via reverberations in the air waves.

Their eyesockets have eyespots in them which only pick up light and dark but over time, aided by genetic mutations, their eyespots grew dim.. Therefore they are always seeking the purest pearls known in the land.

They have square shaped knots on their foreheads, some wear helmets, because on days the wind has subsided.. they cannot see the trees.. *Ouch*

-Eater of Files-
-Eater of Files-
How about trans-warping pipes?
oh no, that has been done by that italian guy...

Hugo Ferreira
UniteK Future
This is the most surreal thread I have ever read....

The pearl eyed people seek out the operative, hoping to borrow his eyes, not understanding that they arent supposed to come out.

The operative runs from the villagers, and soon meets up with the clockwork men.

Each day the operatives presence upsets the harmony of the land, the crystal resonates louder, the clock speeds up.... The great eyes in the sea start to grow restless, although many of them were killed in the spacecraft crash, drastically reducing their power...

Who is our main character? What is their motivation?

The main character seems to be a wanderer, and the motivation seems to be seeking this crystal in towerver on a very bizzare planet somewhere in the outer edge I presume, because, of course, the nature of things in the outter edge to not permite natter and engergy to exist as sentience.

This, I propose, is why we have sent the cosmonaut to this outer edge to retrieve this crystal. The ultimate truth is that the wanderer who seeks the crystal, does so because their world is in such caos as creatures so bizzare can interchange thier sensory extremities! The wandered, I suggest, seeks to find the crystal, because according to his pple he is the chosen one to bring thier world back into order, so that the more powerfull cannot massacre and steel body parts from other lower beings.

But in the end, it is the comonaut girl (the saving angel figure) who determines the truth: That this world exists in the crystal, which is contains a complex energy pattern built by the real people who once inhabited this now unhiabitable planet. The cosmo girl discover this because whenever she dons her atmosphere helmet, all life seems to disapear, and seems impossible for her to see, but when she removes the helmet, she than can see the bizzare and abundant life on the planet. When the wanderer and the cosmo jouney together they discover that the crystal is decaying..and thus is represented in thier world as the caos of life. The reason the cosmo can "see" and interact with this wanderer and the rest of the planet is because the crystal emitted an neural energy field which allowed for her to exist both on the planet and in the crystal at the same time through duality, reality and fantasy all experienced by her at the sametime. Indeed the cuts from the strange plants, were made by a nasty fall of jagged incline over rocks. The engergy matrix of the crystal mearly gave the comsmo the interpretation that it was made by the plantlife, but in the end the crystal lead the cosmo,who is the only ''real'' person that can save the crystal, by taking it back to earth.

The end..

"The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement