🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with RTS game programming with Direct X....

Started by
4 comments, last by Ratman 24 years, 7 months ago
I'm not sure about it, but I guess that there is something in the surface description that specifies the displacemnet between the lines (lPitch I guess) just check this it maybe the problem ( in some cards just considering it Zero is enough while in some others u need to take the right value and use it with ur drawing functions ) .
Advertisement
it looks like you have the wrong pitch for your backbuffer in there. go over your code in depth and look for errors in which you divide your pitch by the wrong number or such.

_________________Gecko___Gecko Design
it looks like you have the wrong pitch for your backbuffer in there. go over your code in depth and look for errors in which you divide your pitch by the wrong number or such.

------------------

_________________Gecko___

------------------

Ok, I've been using some code for the infamous "RTS game programming with Direct X", and its worked just about perfectly so far. Now, I just bout a new video card (3D prophet-thats GeForce 256 based) and everything I've done has gone bad. Take a look at what I mean: http://www.123.net/~sourmosh/Image2.gif (theirs lines running everywhere, and graphics get drawn several times across the screen-the text is fine though). And I just have no idea where to start in tracking down the program. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Thanks

Ratman

good lord! i think i killed it! sorry about that, i don't know why it posted three times!

------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement