🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Problem running Fmod samples...

Started by
2 comments, last by Moe 23 years ago
I figured I would give FMod (that free sound/music playing library) a try since I am too lazy to implement DirectSound. I have a problem whenever I try to run any of the samples. An error message comes up and says: A required DLL, FMOD.DLL was not found. Does anyone know why this is doing what it is? If so, how can I fix it?
Advertisement
Wassup man, hey you forgot that you must place the fmod.dll file in all of the sample folders, so you must make a copy of it. If you''re on one of the sever/log on computers and you don''t have the adminstrative access then do the following CTRL+C (copys the files props. to your computers clipboard) and CTRL+V (pastes the file in your desired loaction(s)), but if you have all the right click/left click then just copy it. And the fmod.dll file should be located in a floder name "api". Oh yeah, have fun and good luck, fmod is great!!

Hope I was of some good help to you.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
Worked like a charm! Thanks!
Glad I could help.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement