🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Search page tips

Started by
1 comment, last by Zeblar Nagrim 23 years ago
You have three comboboxes when you push the search button and one of them is called "Search Forum". I suggest this combobox should select a string based on the page the user previus have visit. Zeblar Nagrim, Lord of Chaos
Advertisement
If I understand you correctly, you''re asking for an option to search every page you''ve ever visited? Well, for that to be possible, we''d have to log which pages our users are visiting, which we don''t currently do. And there''s a reason we don''t do that. We currently show over 100,000 pages every day. The logs would become huge. So, it''s not something we can really do.
quote: Original post by Myopic Rhino
If I understand you correctly, you're asking for an option to search every page you've ever visited? Well, for that to be possible, we'd have to log which pages our users are visiting, which we don't currently do. And there's a reason we don't do that. We currently show over 100,000 pages every day . The logs would become huge. So, it's not something we can really do.

Actually, he wants the search page to default to the forum he was last in before he pressed the search button.

I think all you'd have to do is have a variable added to each page to denote what forum it belongs to. (Probably already done) Then pass that variable to the search page so that the forums name automatically comes up as the default forum to search. It would a bit more code to the search page as you'd probably want a select/case statement instead of an If/Then/Else statement to identify the passed variable.

B e S
It's Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka

Edited by - wrenhal on June 21, 2001 3:32:02 PM
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement