🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DirectX 7 from VB help required

Started by
3 comments, last by Zenzelezz 24 years, 6 months ago
If your a novice I would suggest you learn to use directdraw before trying to learn D3D, its the best way to get started and knowing DDraw will help you when you come to program D3D.

I have a couple of small D3D examples which I will upload later and post the URL here, but I suggest looking at the ones included in the DX7 SDK first.

----------------
Black Edge Games
----------------
Advertisement
I've posted the beginning of a small Tetris clone that is being done on The Developer's Corner in the Members Tutorials forum. Here's the link. Feel free to e-mail with any questions.

http://members.home.net/machaira/VBTetris.zip

------------------
Breakaway Games

[This message has been edited by Machaira (edited December 12, 1999).]

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Please, Freeride Designs send them here. I've read DX SDK examples (DDraw) long time ago but I'd like to learn more about it, especially DirectDraw.
I'm trying to create a strategy game from Visual Basic 6 (Pro), using DirectX 7. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me:

1) Does the graphics have to be made in a certain way to work easily with Direct3D?
2) How do you draw a texture (image) at right spot?
3) Does anyone have any really BASIC (novice) examples?

(Yeah, I'm kind of a novice)

How do you set up the dx7 librarys to work with vb. I have downloaded examples and they don't work
thanx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement