🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

D3DX Problems

Started by
1 comment, last by Facehat 24 years, 6 months ago
I haven't had any problems with D3DX.

I've used the beta and near final versions at my former workplace with the following configurations:

K6-something 400 MHz, Matrox G200, ATI Rage Pro, Win2000 and Win98

PII 266, Matrox G200, ATI Rage Pro, Win2000 and Win98

Pentium 200, Riva128, Voodoo 2, Win98

Pentium III 450 Riva128, TNT2, Win98

We also had a hardware compatibality lab, that tested it a wide range of hardware, using D3DX.

I am currently using the final version with:
Pentium II 350, MPact3D, Win98

As for it switching to software, have you tried enumerating the devices and see that it's recognizing the hardware?

Advertisement
Has else found D3DX to be problematic at times? I've been having some problems with it failing to create the context sometimes, then other times creating it fine. I'm pretty sure that I'm initializing and shutting things down ok -- but theres always the possibility of a dumb mental error .

On my 300mhz k6-2 the CreateContext call will sometimes fail occasionally, but if I run it again everything starts to work again. Even worse, on my friends 450MHZ Pentium III with a S3 Trio (bleh!) it hardly ever works at all, even using the software modes in D3D.

Has anyone else experienced problems with D3DX? Or is my program just terribly coded

--TheGoop

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I've been enumerating things. I've looked over my initializationg code countless times, and I haven't seen any problems but it's likely that the problem is somewhere in my code. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't spend a large amount of time looking for a bug which wasn't there.

--TheGoop

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement