🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

lesson 9 light

Started by
2 comments, last by Caste 15 years, 5 months ago
I didn't understand how the winkle work. 1.how the stars are shines without any light?! 2.The winkle is only the doble layer of a star? 4. I search for exexercises to Opengl Programming a lot of time without secses is anyone have exercises for me? [Edited by - hanrok on January 9, 2009 3:40:42 AM]
Advertisement
1. lighting in openGL is really the absence of light, so without lighting it's normally full bright.
2. yes, with additive blending.
3. what happened to this one
4. i can find them all the time, just google "openGL tutorial" and you find tons of them, though most of them are here at nehe.
sorry forgat 3 lol.. what does it mean "lighting in openGL is really the absence of light"?

about 4 (or 3) question I didn't find anything!! this is confused! I want exercises, but didnt find anything!!
"lighting in openGL is really the absence of light" means, that if you enable lighting in OpenGL you wont make things more bright, but you'll darken objects where no light shines to.

You're really looking for excercises like in school? Well then just read the introduction of a tutorial and try to do it on your own :) No I dont think there are OpenGL excercises on the net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement