🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Articles/references

Started by
2 comments, last by dwarfsoft 23 years ago
Just thinking... It would be nice if there was a huge .zip file of all the articles in the http://www.gamedev.net/reference/features.asp section. Since my computer died, and I was going through and downloading these lot... I was thinking it would be easier for ppl who wanted to D/L the lot (this is about the 3rd or 4th time I have done it ) Just a thought -Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche
Advertisement
Bump
Boy, if I had a dime for every time someone''s asked for this... I''d have 4, maybe 5 dollars.

Seriously, I have two concerns with doing this:

• Viewing the articles offline would be difficult since they all use at least a little ASP.
  • It''d take time to maintain the zip (I add about 3 featured articles and a dozen new reference articles every week, so I''d have to update it every week or couple of weeks) and time is at a premium right now.
Yeah, I figured that it would be something nasty like that. Extra work is not something that I would want to place on you guys ... But my collection basically consisted of the printable versions of the whole collection... Using Ie to save it all came up trumps with images and all... Isn''t there somebody out there who has a bit of serverside script that will compile the printables into a HTML friendly documend and zip it up?

Bah, I guess that I hope for too much. Maybe I will just make my archive available for d/l from ppl who ask here... (not meaning to step on any toes of course)

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement