🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Front page news?

Started by
5 comments, last by edlima 23 years ago
So, is it front page news when someone who works at GameDev.net gets their tunes uploaded on mp3.com? Is this newsworthy to anyone besides Jesse King? I dunno.. it just seems kinda silly and amateurish to post that as a news item on the front page. Edited by - edlima on June 24, 2001 12:45:34 AM
Ed Lima - ELM&Med@edlima.comhttp://www.edlima.com
Advertisement
I think that the news is based on relevance to the game development community. If there is free music out there for use in games, then why not have it noticed by a game dev community?

But I think it would have been better said in the forums than on the front page (I half agreed with you and half didn''t )

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche
I also agree and disagree and would like to point out that there aren''t a lot of news posts anyway so you can''t really say that it adds too much. *shrugs* it''s a personal thing ya know?

==============================
"Need more eeenput..."
- #5, "Short Circuit"

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Well, don''t get me wrong. It''s not like I''m sitting here, a boiling cauldron of fury, yelling "What an outrage!" I just didn''t think it was any real hard-hitting news. Perfect item for the Music/Audio Forum, like you said Chris.

Ed Lima - ELM&M
ed@edlima.com
http://www.edlima.com
Ed Lima - ELM&Med@edlima.comhttp://www.edlima.com
Come to think of it, that is exactly the purpose for the Your Announcements forum...

I have changed my mind also. I think that there should be a little more criteria involved in choosing news. If the staff have the time to post the news, they could always post it in the Annoncements forum. Just a suggestion tho...

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche
I do believe he did post it to the Forums. Actually, several of them. But I do think this is just as good a news item as is the announcement of a 3D engine going Open Source or a newspost about the availability of free Tile Art or a personal newspost about "Hey, I''ve just posted a tutorial".

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka
*shrugs* well I''m pretty sure the staff reviews all news items before letting the script put them up so if they think it''s okay...

"Need more eeenput..."
- #5, "Short Circuit"

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement