🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help an iso-newbie plz

Started by
0 comments, last by Takki 24 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys

I am developing a RTS game that _currently_ uses a normal "flat" 2D map, but we at Shoran Software want to change to an isometric engine. I really know nothing about isometric programming... shame on me. So I need a little bit help to get started. We want to have different heights and all this stuff. So if there is anyone who wants to help me, mail me at tak@shoran.com I only need a starting point... I am currently developing the editor of the game, because of several reasons, and one is that this is the best point for changing to an isometric engine (I think). Now please contact me, it is really very important!

Advertisement
I would suggest reading some of the iso docs out there. Depending on you're approach isometric views have their little percularities. Check out this useful site:
http://www.multimania.com/hatti/MrY/isoxeng.html

I got the URL from this board if I recall correctly and there is volumes of info.

On height, just a quick note. Contoured terrian is sort of a bummer to do in 2d. You have to have you're artist draw seperate tiles for the slopes of a hill, for instance. 3d gives you a little better contol but then adds more complex programming. Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement