🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Calling all talented 2D Artists!

Started by
-1 comments, last by Mr_Rage 22 years, 12 months ago
Hey everyone, if you''re reading this, my guess is you''re a leet 2D artist. I''m a member of a game/software development team called River-Delta Productions. I''m going to try to make this as informative and intriguing as possible to avoid any loose ends. Basically, River-Delta Productions makes anything and everything. Currently we have an Alpha "WebPack" released, including things such as an IP Finger, IRC Client, and other web related/administrative tools. It''s basic, but it''s basically our first release. Some of you may have heard of a popular Half-Life mod program called StudioMods. Well, we developed that, and basically what it does is allow you to play any map under any mod. It substitues entities, and everything. It was very popular back in the day, but unfortunately hasn''t been updated for a short while. Currently, we are working on several projects at once, including a World War II game titled "The Wait Until Sunrise" using the Serious Engine (used in Serious Sam), as well as early planning stages of an RPG (info is very limited). Unfortunately, we have a drawback (we are very shortstaffed)! Our previous 2D artist was unnable to find the time to commit to working with us, so unfortunately he hasn''t been much help, which is why I''m here. We are looking for a very talented 2D artist, who is familiar with applications such as Photoshop, and has experience, and the ability to create realistic world textures on the computer, as well as a general understanding of skinning 3D models using programs such as 3D Studio Max or Milkshape 3D. I only have a little sample work to show, and it''s very recent, since my computer recently crashed and I lost most of my files. Fortunately, I saved a few http://river-delta.cherrytaco.com/images/m1a1.jpg ---That''s a picture of an M1A1 Thompson, used by the Allies during WW2. the picture isn''t too great though unfortunately. http://river-delta.cherrytaco.com/images/thompsonskinned.jpg ---That picture is of the Thompson again, with my attempt at skinning it. You can see it looks fairly true to life, but as you can also see, I''m not the greatest skinner out there , which is why i''m here. So basically, that''s what we''re looking for. I felt like showing a little sample work and give some examples of what we''ve done so that whoever feels like applying will see our level of commitment. Our website is located at http://www.river-delta.com but will be undergoing a redesign soon, so I apologize if it''s a little unresponsive at times. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope I covered everything. If you''re interested in helping us out (we are currently freelance, but have opportunities on the horizon to earn some income, in which case you would be paid your fair share), you can visit our site for my contact information, or just e-mail me at rage@river-delta.com Thanks for your time everyone, hope to talk to you soon.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement