🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Game Idea

Started by
4 comments, last by clogan 15 years ago
Hey all, How is everyone doing? I have a new idea for a game. The idea is a town builder/first person interaction type of game. So to make a long story short I have started writing the background story and developing units/buildlings/etc. I threw up a site to help collect my thoughts. Our Game United Is the site. Please go and check out the idea. Leave comments and feed back. The story game foundation is just starting so it is still kind of rough, but I would appreciate all feed back. Thanks in advance! [Edited by - clogan on June 29, 2009 4:49:57 PM]
Do You like online games? Come visit us at Our Game United provide feed back input or ideas. We are developing a new game with new genre based off old ideas. Come check us out at Our Game United. We look forward to seeing you.
Advertisement
I love the Regional Structures.

The building-descriptions remind me of Outpost (http://www.outpostuniverse.net/).

Will there be maximums on the number of heroes you can control? Will the game have resets? Will it be multiplayer? What is the difference between Outpost and the game-design which you had in mind?

How will you make this first-person (like The Universal)? Or a top-down view-point? Will there be a 'grid' on which to construct buildings, or will terrain be more 3D? Will there be terrain 'obstacles' (rivers, canyons, boulders)?

Your game-logo house looks a bit like something you would place on a hospitable planet (as opposed to 'dome-housing').

And I am doing well, thank you.
Quote: Original post by clogan
Our Game United
You can use HTML syntax for links: http://sites.google.com/site/ourgameunited/. Also, on a more general note, red navigation links on a grey background are invisible to the colour blind [smile]

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Quote: Original post by Phenoca
I love the Regional Structures.

The building-descriptions remind me of Outpost (http://www.outpostuniverse.net/).

Will there be maximums on the number of heroes you can control? Will the game have resets? Will it be multiplayer? What is the difference between Outpost and the game-design which you had in mind?

How will you make this first-person (like The Universal)? Or a top-down view-point? Will there be a 'grid' on which to construct buildings, or will terrain be more 3D? Will there be terrain 'obstacles' (rivers, canyons, boulders)?

Your game-logo house looks a bit like something you would place on a hospitable planet (as opposed to 'dome-housing').

And I am doing well, thank you.

Great Questions, I love the questions!!! Well everything is still up in the air. I am brain storming with my buddy to come up with the answers to these questions.

But in short here are some answers:

Quote:
Will there be maximums on the number of heroes you can control?

Yes Each Person will have in between 5-8 heros. they can control.

Quote: Will the game have resets?

Resets? Not entirely sure what you mean by this, but there will be a mechanism in place to allow a person to retrain their skills. It will be for a cost or trade.

Quote: Will it be multiplayer?

Yes, like to have a full healthy online community.

Quote: What is the difference between Outpost and the game-design which you had in mind?

Have never heard of Outpost, but I will check it out and get back to you.

Quote: How will you make this first-person (like The Universal)? Or a top-down view-point? Will there be a 'grid' on which to construct buildings, or will terrain be more 3D? Will there be terrain 'obstacles' (rivers, canyons, boulders)?

My idea is that you will have a central planning location. This location will be the center of your town and town development. Now you can choose to come to this location and manage your town. Or you can go out and question and adventure. You will be able to change your view from first person to third person. You will have bonuses and cons from either choice. staying indoors governing your town or towns vs out exploring and growing. I am afraid I have not heard of The Universal. I will check that out as well.

Quote: Your game-logo house looks a bit like something you would place on a hospitable planet (as opposed to 'dome-housing').

The logo actually fits in well with the idea of a new planet. limited resources to continue to live at a standard they where used to. So while they will have a dome to live in how can they continue to live in harmony with the environment. Each type of city tackles that major hurdle differently.

Thanks for those great questions keep them coming and come to the site and post!
Do You like online games? Come visit us at Our Game United provide feed back input or ideas. We are developing a new game with new genre based off old ideas. Come check us out at Our Game United. We look forward to seeing you.
Quote: Original post by swiftcoder
Quote: Original post by clogan
Our Game United
You can use HTML syntax for links: http://sites.google.com/site/ourgameunited/. Also, on a more general note, red navigation links on a grey background are invisible to the colour blind [smile]

Yeah, I can use html :) but I can use bbcode as well ;). It both works well on this type of forum.

Also, thanks for the thought about color! I appreciate it. Please keep up the great questions comments etc.

We can't make things better with out all of you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Doh! I just saw that bbcode does not work here. So looks like Html is the way to go lol.
Thank you again :) i am indebt to ya ;)
Just wanted to say I updated the color for the menu. So hopefully colored blind folks can see now. I also added in more content. I found two editors so they will begin reviewing the material for spelling and grammar. I always have felt that if a game has spelling errors and other grammatical errors then they probly did not spend much time on the rest of the game. Since I am no saint with words I figured find some folks that are capable.

In other News. More updated content. I will be putting up my first drawings or mock ups of possible ship designs/building designs.

Also looking for ideas for fauna and other types of creatures. It is a new planet so any thing is possible.

Thanks in advance!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement