🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[UFEC] Thaw

Started by
-1 comments, last by Tesseract 14 years, 8 months ago
Title: Thaw Platforms: PC/Mac/Linux Technology: Adobe Flash Requirements: Flash Player 10, for web release version. Genre: Sim/Strategy Type: 2d/top down Players: 1 Story: Kind of vague at this point, but it will involve the player being tasked with re-starting a planetary ecology after the Earth is locked in a global ice age. The player will have to dig through the ice to find remnants of plants from hundreds of years ago, and clone them and modify them to fit the new environment. The player will have to set up mini-habitats to give the new plants a chance to grow, and eventually thrive and begin to re-populate the globe. Or something. I want the game to be very story-driven, with several possible paths through the game. I have been working on a story engine inspired by Inform, which I hope to complete and implement in this game. Update notices will be posted here; detailed information, code and screen shots will be posted here or on my GD.net journal, and playable demos will be posted on my personal website.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement