🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[UFEC] Business side of UFEC

Started by
10 comments, last by swiftcoder 14 years, 8 months ago
I found lots of other game development forums on Google and I am going to post something on their Your Announcement forums. Is this alright?

---------------------------------------------

UFEC
Game Programming Competition

UFEC (Unofficial Four Elements Contest) is a game programming competition where participants have 5 months to create a full game that uses significantly all four elements displayed on the contest website: Proliferation, Evolution, Fire and Water. This contest, though new this year, is based on Gamedev.net's Four Elements, a former annual programming competition that ran for six years. There are no age or nationality restrictions.

The elements were revealed October 30th, 2009 and the submission deadline is March 17th 2010. There are many prizes for you if you participate. Besides the real prizes donated by sponsors (for now, there is IDEA games and Neosoft Tools) you get feedback on your game provided by the judges and you get comments and suggestions from fellow participants.

There is plenty of time yet, so think of a game concept and join!

Official homepage: http://ufec.zymichost.com
Forum (provided by GameDev.net): UFEC Contest's Forum

---------------------------------------------

[Edited by - Lesan on November 2, 2009 9:47:01 AM]
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Lesan
But if there is a completely legal and easy possibility of installing a virtual-machine Mac where 3D games work on a Windows machine, then yes. However, I believe that is impossible.
There isn't a simple/legal way, no. However, it shouldn't be that hard to scrape together a few judges with Macs (for instance, I have one), at which point Mac entries would just be judged by a couple fewer judges (much as linux entries are likely to).
Quote: I found lots of other game development forums on Google and I am going to post something on their Your Announcement forums. Is this alright?
Might want to mention that the discussion forum is courtesy of GameDev, but other than that it looks great to me.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement