🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[UFEC] Unofficial screenshots thread

Started by
13 comments, last by ne0_kamen 14 years, 7 months ago
In the grand tradition of previous 4 elements competitions, here begins the ludicrously long unofficial screenshots thread… As you can see, [fire]: and [water]: And if anyone is wondering how in hell I have terrain, trees and volcanos 4 days in, the answer is unity [smile]

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Advertisement
Excellent shots. I tried Unity a couple of months ago. I think its a nice starting point. However I always have problems implementing special homebrewed features, which hinders me using third party engines.
Good luck with your entry.
Awesome screenshots! =)

Fire! One element down =)

[Edited by - Erik Rufelt on November 5, 2009 8:59:20 PM]
Impressive!

I've been toying around with an idea, but we'll have to see if I actually have enough motivation to actually do something with it.
Awesome. I tried to get Unity as a sponsor when I saw Aiursage's entry but they refused saying they had bad experience with sponsoring contests and they would only be interested if all participants were using Unity...Pity.

That volcano is a predefined feature of Unity or did you make it yourself? I like it very much. Also, do you only present terrain or do you already have a game idea? If so, you can make your own discussion thread.
Quote: Original post by Lesan
Awesome. I tried to get Unity as a sponsor when I saw Aiursage's entry but they refused saying they had bad experience with sponsoring contests and they would only be interested if all participants were using Unity...Pity.
Part of that may have been the last uDevGames - sponsors were promised that entrants would review all software/hardware prizes, and the reviews would he published on the iDevGames site. Unfortunately, a number of winners (including, I believe, the contestant who won a copy of unity) seem to have never handed in their reviews...
Quote: That volcano is a predefined feature of Unity or did you make it yourself?
The volcano is a hand-scuplted terrain, with a couple of particle systems attached for fire and smoke.
Quote: Also, do you only present terrain or do you already have a game idea? If so, you can make your own discussion thread.
My idea isn't fully fleshed out yet (and a lot of it depends on whether I can produce the necessary art assets).

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Looks great, I am glad to see another Unity3d user. Its a darn good engine!
I dream hard of helping people.
4e7-screenshot-091107

Screenshot of a generated map. I'm taking lots of pieces and parts of three years of experiments, and seeing if I can cobble together a workable game. So far, so good.
I'm still thinking if I will join this 4E contest (I have pretty crazy and cool game idea :P, few people that would work with me and my engine of course) ... on the other hand I'm not sure if I would finish game on time.

Anyway for now it looks like I will join UFEC oficially next month (you know Xmas and that means some free time, that means holiday trip with notebook and that means gamedev in the long winter evenings :) ).

I also have some shots to show - some physics and particles (fire!) and some water.
Fire with particle physics enabled (though it has no light applied, so objects are lit by light at cameras position). The fire can be IMO a lot better in final ... it still miss something to look really cool. There is also heat effect on fire (along with per pixel motion blur).

Some water screenshots, the second one is without foam, other two are from terrain editor in my engine. Also I added some model, so we can see there is something reflecting in the water.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Looks like some interesting projects.
I dream hard of helping people.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement