🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone know what ports AOL has open?

Started by
1 comment, last by Westfalia 22 years, 11 months ago
Hello, We''re getting real close to our beta test and I just found out through our publisher''s QA department that the ports I''m using for our game aren''t open for AOL users. I''ve looked on AOL''s site for some kind of FAQ or tech doc on this (no surprise here) to no avail. Anyone have this information handy? Thanks. -B
Advertisement
Just a wild guess...

http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1ck2l2 this will scan ports on your PC and tell you which ones are open. Find someone on AOL to do this and maybe you''ll have your answer...

Again its really just a guess. You may want to look over that website a bit for more info or look to download a program to scan ports (port scanner)

good luck.

---------------
Ratfest.org
Why dont you run AOL and use the dos program (included with Windows) "netstat -a" to find out what port it''s useing?
------------------------------------------------------------I wrote the best video game ever, then I woke up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement