🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Binary DM - final take

Started by
2 comments, last by Neoshaman 14 years, 2 months ago
It's been six year, in this thread i had started thinking about how to make a binary dm, following path set by member like Sunandshadow, Bishop_pass, Kordova and Oluseyi. After some extensive research and try, i think i'm close to that dream and i want to share it with you. Here the first part of the DNA of game and story: There is a lot to explain, but basically this is the structure and function that create the experience of a story in a goal structure. I need to explain the details and nuance of the different functions. The model is highly relative, to use it you need to take a point of view, it's also scalable and fractal, it can explain a single action to whole overall story movement from the same work. There is a concept of "space", the story can exist simultaneously in physics, psychologic, social and morals space at the same time, and those space communicate by sharing function between them. Other part of the model is a dynamic chart that plot emotion movement and how they relate to this one. And there is also a methodologies to handle dynamics in a plot and made it practical for implementation.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Advertisement
Interesting. If I may ask, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
Hi Neoshaman. [smile]

I am embarrassed to say, I am completely confused by this diagram.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Hello!

Sorry for the long time

However, i'm trying to open a solid door to handle some kind of story with enough degree dynamic stories. I also serve as a bridge between story and game-play mechanics with an unified model. But it only model a goal like structure (which is the aesthetics of most interactive fiction). But even if it fails to provide that for some people, it is still a solid framework to use.

And i'm planning to explain it by breaking things a bit more, it's just the huge amount of work in the later days that have slowed me down. I'm also non native English speaker, i think there may be terms that are not well chosen.

Thank you for the attention :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement