🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can someone help me with modeling!!

Started by
2 comments, last by xterminenatorx 22 years, 10 months ago
HI, Iam new to most 3d programming and the main thing I need right now is a 3d modler program like lightwave but in a cheaper price range say free to $100. Thank you to anyone who helps me.
Advertisement
Blender and Strata 3D are two free programs. I''d try them before buying anything. I have links to some other free stuff on my web site if you want to check it out.

http://www.3dcgi.com/learn/free/free-3d.htm
blender is a very nice free tool for modeling objects with alot of sharp edges and low polygon count. useful for making things like guns and objects. goodluck if you ever try to make something organic though... (headache suddenly seems to revive)
-steve
Thanks I have tried blender but not the strata.. Blender for some reason doesn''t work right with my video card.. I have a voodo 3 which I want to get rid of soon!!! I have tried some things to get blender to work buit it wont. The screens keep disappearing and reappering I tried this one thing but it didn''t work. Do you have a better way of fixing this. THANKS and I will visit your site today.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement