🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can anyone one do these?

Started by
10 comments, last by Angels Eternity 22 years, 10 months ago
Hey I''m doing a GBA game right now (not a RPG) and I''m shit with sprites, I awfull. I plan to do the rest by hand it''s just the sprites that I can''t do. I did a SD version of my character :
Advertisement
Thats the original version, I had to take out loads of details because the game went on GBA, it was planned first to be used with the Phenix 3d motor. Here is the SD version
and here is another character :
That first one is cool!
"It tastes like burning..."
may the lord have mercy on this project. heh, im playin. i kinda like the second one. so i guess you are asking for someone to do the sprites for you? (arent real clear in the post)
Yes, I''m asking for someone to the do the sprites, cos I''m awfull at doing sprites
I''m not real familiar with GBA specs. What size/width do you want the sprites to be in pixels? And do you have any specific colors in mind for the chars you drew?
Well for the size I don''t like to give the size because I''m not the sprite artist, I''d say that I''d like it to be like zelda 3 on SNES or FF6, well SD, rpg like (even though it''s not gonna be an rpg). For the colors, I will post the colored versions. And for the animation I''ll post the drawings of Angel running (he''s the 1st and 2nd one). OK?
You see there will be the map version (SD) which will be the town version too, but the level version will not be in SD.
Since you like rpg''s I bet you''ll be better at the SD.
P.S
the GBA is a powefull machine, it''s 2D can be as good as the saturn
I don''t know how to post an image on this board, so the URL is http://tsugumo.cjb.net/junk/weird1.gif heh...I can''t do your sprites (I''ve got my own stuff that I''m working on as it is), but I like the design of the character so I tried making him into a sprite for practice. He fits in a 64x64 box (he''s 63 pixels tall...not sure about the width off the top of my head). In the top right is him in a 64x64 box, in the top left is a blown up version (2x).

He''s probably not the size or view or anything that you''re looking for though. I drew him thinking he''d be cool in an adventure game type thing (like the oldschool LucasArts ones). I had to cut out a lot of details and I wasn''t sure what clothes he was wearing (with no color it''s hard to tell the difference between what''s skin and cloth).

Anyway, again, I can''t do your sprites, but I liked his design so I made this one up for practice...Hope you find an artist!

- Tsugumo
*img src="http://www.wherever.com/image.gif"*

Replace the asterisks with greater than and less than characters.
"It tastes like burning..."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement