🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Got mail from Activision ?

Started by
6 comments, last by lakibuk 22 years, 10 months ago
I''ve recently been contacted by some Activision guy who wants to put my freeware game on a commercial 100games budget CD. First i said no, cause he didnt want to pay any royalties. Now he offered 5.000$ per 100.000 units sold. What you think about that?
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Advertisement
this sounds nice, especially if this is a hobby game you made. what type are the other games on the CD and did you sell other games before?
If they sell 100.000 copies for 10$ = 1.000.000$. But from this they get..lets say..20% (rather less) = 200.000$. Now they need to pay 100 developers. 2000$ for everyone - but then they are left with nothing. This means they rather pay a lot less. Now they offer you 5000$. Its now up to you to decide whether they are cheating or your game is that good. On the other hand if your game is freeware anyway you can''t lose anything.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Jester:
That''s just what i thought. But i will sign the deal if there is any and look what comes out.
I will keep you informed ;-)
intellibug:
"This is NOT a shareware, try-before-you-buy compilation. Ideally we want full version games. Secondarily, shareware or demo versions will be considered;"

Haven't sold any game yet,was just to learn directx.

Edited by - lakibuk on August 18, 2001 8:06:12 AM
Secondarily isn''t a word... and there''s no way a budget title collection is going to sell 100,000 copies. This is Activision we''re talking about??? They are not normally a budget publisher...

I urge caution. But like Jester says, there''s not really anything to lose. Just don''t expect anything from them.
Get everything in writing.

Recording phone calls works too but may not be legal as it depends on the state.

Ben

[Icarus Independent | Jump Down The Rabbithole | Tombstone: Vendetta ]
Pyabo,

first read carefully before giving a stupid reply.
-Activision Value.

-100.000 units, do you have seen the numbers of PC data,
game collections sells very well in retail.
eGames collections sell very well etc.

Look at the facts. This isn''t the soap arena.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement