🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Checking company credentials

Started by
1 comment, last by Davaris 22 years, 10 months ago
Hi I have recieved an offer of interest from a corporation. I was wondering if anyone here knows where corporations are registered in the US and how you can check their credentials. Thanks.
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."George W. Bush
Advertisement
In the United States, corporations are registered with the state government. The states are responsible for registering corporations and laws governing the registration and operation of corporations. Usually, corporations file with the secretary of state, but this isn''t true for all states.
Each state has their own web page which contains contact information. Some states even allow you to check corporate filings online.
State''s websites are usually www.state.(state''s initials).us
Corporate filings will only verify that they exist.
Its also important to know that two corporations in two different states can have the same name while two corporations in the same state can''t have the same name.

Hope this helps
Jsheridan2
If the company is publically traded, you can also look them up at www.secinfo.com, since public companies have to have a lot of information on file with the SEC.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement