🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Internet Protocol Protection Syntax Request

Started by
4 comments, last by Amythius 22 years, 10 months ago
I inquire information based upon IP(Internet Protocol) code in C++. I would like to know how to usse it in C++, I am trying to develop a IP Scrambler to keep hackers and what not off my computer. I would like to know this stuff it at all possible. I''ve had numerous hackings on my computer, and what it to stop. I don''t know how to use FireWalls, and I think this would be a good experience.
"It's easy to make things hard, but it's hard to make things easy."
Advertisement
If you don''t know how to use firewall software, no offense but you won''t be able to write one.

Check out: http://www.zonealarm.com

Best regards,

Dire Wolf
www.digitalfiends.com
[email=direwolf@digitalfiends.com]Dire Wolf[/email]
www.digitalfiends.com
Bah, I don''t wanna know how to make a Firewall or use one. I want to know the C++ syntax to deal with it in a windows application of my own.
"It's easy to make things hard, but it's hard to make things easy."
So you don''t think you need to understand how a firewall operates in order to write one yourself?
Amythius,

Under Windows you cannot write a fully fledged/useful firewall at the application level! You need to write a NDIS driver. Let me tell you, writing one of those drivers is not very easy. Winsock (the interface to networking on Windows) does not provide the means to capture incoming IP requests. Those are handled at the NDIS driver level (DDL/MAC layer/Transport Layer).

If you want to learn more goto http://www.microsoft.com/ddk

Have fun and good luck,

Dire Wolf
www.digitalfiends.com

Edited by - Dire.Wolf on August 23, 2001 7:53:14 PM
[email=direwolf@digitalfiends.com]Dire Wolf[/email]
www.digitalfiends.com
You''ll need to learn more about the IP protocols iike TCP, UDP, and ICMP before you can actually write a firewall of any sort. If you''re worried about hackers, get zonealarm, it''s great.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement