🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Fable/ Dragon Fable (Kinda ironic, isn't it?) 3D RPG idea- Legacy: Wing's of Fate

Started by
1 comment, last by adrix89 13 years, 7 months ago
I kinda like the Dragon Fable game (Going on quests to get your Dragon, customize it, make it your own, and save the world) and I also like the Fable series by means of how they made it to where you can completely control the path your character takes: good or evil, hero or villain, married or single. So I thought a cool idea for a game would be a game where you start off as a child, in a village (of your choice) and you go through a series of basic quests (4 or 5 basic fetch and return quests and maybe one mini-game like quest) and after those, on one of the quests you go on,along the way you encounter a large grey egg, which you bring home to your mom and dad, or just mom, or just dad (depending on what you choose).
Soon the Dragon hatches, and it is the first time you customize it. You can change its' color, shape, elemental powers, and even its' sound. You begin training it, but soon your home is attacked by large, Orcish Raiders. Your parents are killed, and you begin to suprisingly fight your way through, depending on your weapon of choice that you find in the weapon shack in your home. So now you and your dragon begin to level, and the Dragon begins to grow. After you reach lvl 10, you actually become a teen, and your Dragon had become MUCH larger. It is here that you begin to discover from the orcs you go around killing (as well as a variety of other mobs) that the you are being hunted because you are a Draconian, which suprises you as the Draconians were destroyed a long time ago. They were destroyed by a large Demon known as Algar. Algar destroyed all of them, but one of the Dragon Riders had a son: your grandfather. Although he is dead, you now realize that you could possibly be the last Draconian (also known as Dragon-Knights) and that you are also the only one who can destroy (or join) Algar. If you choose to destroy, you will fight a fast horde of monsters that will lead you to a final battle with Algar and his Frost-Wyrm Zelfag. If you choose to join, then you will begin to destroy the very towns you used to grow up in... and your Dragon will follow your trail. As you continue, depending on the path you choose, you will earn new armor, weapons, and be able to customize your Dragon to your liking. So there it is. My idea. Please comment on things you would like or things you would think would be better than what i posted.
<----HammerTime!!!---->
Advertisement
Re:

If the player chooses to help Algar, who will the player play against?
If it is just the town, wouldn't the game end too easily if the player choose to join Algar?
Wait the kid goes berserk when they get attacked by orcs?does the dragon take care of the orcs?
What is the position Algar does he have his own kingdom trying to conquer the world?
If you join do you fight a coalition of kingdoms?do the kingdoms have any defense against your fiery beast of death?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement