🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Is Fullsail worth it?

Started by
0 comments, last by hapaboy 22 years, 10 months ago
Hello all, I am very interested in the gaming industry and I have recently heard about a game school called Fullsail. I have looked over their catalog and I am seriously considering attending it. Attending this school would be a great endeavor as I live in Hawaii and I would have to take out large loans. I am willing to do all this but I am worried and want to make sure that it is a worthy school that will allow me to get a well paying job in the game industry. My questions are: 1. Is Fullsail a good school to attend? 2. Is it well respected in the gaming industry? 3. Do game companies look favorably upon Fullsail graduates over 4 year university graduates? 4. Will I have a good chance of entering the game industry with such a degree? Also if anyone knows what the pay range is for designers in the game industry or any other tips or info that could prove useful I would very much appreciate it. I want to be very sure before I take the big step and I am grateful for any help on the subject. Thank you all for your valuable info =)
Advertisement
Whoops...something you probably wouldn't like. I know a few major developers, and they really seem to prefer those that went to a 4-year first, THEN did one of those game schools - the schools don't seem to be very much. The one Nintendo sponsors teaches almost zip about coding - bad. However, doing the game school first and a 4-year college for computer science afterwards might be good too. I'm almost there myself, so I'm pondering the stuff to.

Also -- You probably, honestly, won't find a good paying job to start. It takes time. Especially if you're going indie.

Edited by - Edward Ropple on August 26, 2001 7:48:08 PM
http://edropple.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement