🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A search for words

Started by
1 comment, last by Ivark 13 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys!

I am creating a game.. obviously..

I don't want to say too much about the game idea yet, because it is too early in the process, but I can say that one key component is language. I am creating three fictional languages, or base languages rather, of which one is supposed to have an East Asian sound to it, the second a Balkan sound, and the third a Germanic or Slavic sound.

This is where I want you guys to enter the query. I need fictional words. Preferably some which fit to one of those categories. Let loose your imagination people, and hit that keyboard.

Thanks in advance ;D
mvh Ivark
Advertisement
You might be interested in Generating Names Phonetically. If you think about it, it can not only be used for names, but for any kind of word, and if you extend it, whole phrases, paragraphs, books, libraries.
Thanks, that looks quite helpfull! I have thought of creating a word-generator, but haven't really thought of that kind of approach. I could make three different generators with different "rules" or such to differ the three base languages. If I can make it work properly, I might not even have to include a library – I can simply let the game generate a new language for each "save". It would work really well with my consept!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement