🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I''m so tired....

Started by
9 comments, last by GregQ 24 years, 6 months ago
Ehhh .. Hello boys and girls ... I have a question ... Does anybody know method how to view model with animation which was done in 3DStudioMax ? For example , I have created a 3d model in 3dsMax ... Anybody know some ideas how to do programm which may view this model in OPENGL ? I''m so tired to find method to view ... (*#(*!#(#!(*@!((#! ! Tired ! I can read and view 3ds format ... but without animation ! I don''t know keyframer''s alghoritm . I can read and view ASC&ASE formats .. BUT THEY USING KEYFRAMER !!!!!!!!! Does anybody know GOOD 3dsMax''s format (or plugin''s format) which I can view from simply OpenGL programm ? Please ! Help ... If anybody know something about this then write it in forum or contact with me - Gregq@mail.ru & 7499871 . Also I can help with OpenGL or MFC everybody who could help me ... PLEASE !
quake3
Advertisement
I have no clue on animation, but I NEED help with something similar it sounds like you were successful with, I need to just load a .3ds,or .ase model into OpenGL. I don''t need animation, but I have no clue how to do this. I need a tutorial or sample code or something to help me write a .3ds file parser for OpenGL. Please tell me how you were successful at loading the models without animation into your OpenGL prog.

Thanks,
Rob
Sorry to say, but I think most people write their own plug-in exporter to get the job done and the file in a custom format. I also just set up my mesh file structure and saved some dummy ones that were procedurally created(read ain''t pretty) and am trying to figure out what modeller I should tie into. Nothing is as easy as I''d like.
-the logistical one-http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt
Hey , Logistix , you wanna say that you know how to export model''s animation as a MANY MESHES ?! YES !? HOW TO DO THAT !!!!!! PLEASE !!! 8D
quake3
OH PLEASE DO TELL!!! I''m working on an actor viewer right now that loads up a 3ds file and plays the actor''s animation and stuff all in OpenGL....there was a 3dsmax website (I lost the url ) which had a tutorial on writing your own mesh exporter plugin for 3dsmax and the author did animations and stuff with it.I''ll try finding that website.Any of you interested send me an email.
But still...just incase I don''t,do send me your code for loading a 3ds file!
TheGecko - you have wrong e-mail address in your profile ...
Hmmmm .... Do you have another e-mail ? Do you have ICQ ?

I have sended message with sources and 3ds sites to your e-mail , but this e-mail - WRONNG !

Edited by - GregQ on 1/6/00 4:43:53 PM
quake3
Sorry about the confusion.

I was saying that I made my own file format but have no way to draw it. I''m doing some looking around but haven''t decided what I''m going to do yet.

Too much other stuff going on now.
Logitex :
Do you know how to convert 3DS(ASE or ASC) to your format ?
<

quake3
quake3
Nope.

That''s the problem
Hmm .. Anybody know where is Mesh-animation export Plugins for MAX ? eh ?

quake3
quake3

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement