🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Release of a new game in these days?

Started by
12 comments, last by Jester101 22 years, 9 months ago
Well the game somewhat has a story similiar to the war of independence of America a while back (you know the stuff with George Washington... ). So somehow it describes the first days of America - just in space - and you can choose the side.

Maybe I should donate a certain percentage (10%?) of the games and advertise with it.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
By far the best solution is to.... Make a non violent game!
I know this is heresy to most people, but i think that non violent games will end up being big sellers. The sims is a smash hit, and is totally non violent, ditto rollercoaster tycoon and sim city.
My best selling game is my non-violent -one StarLines INC, and if I was thinking of releasing it today I wouldn''t hesitate.
In a world full of shootemups like max-payne, I think we all need a calmer, more intellectual game for a change.
Ive always been disturbed by that "Im sorry did i blow your head apart" bit in UT.

http://www.positech.co.uk
I guess it depends on your personal taste. Although granted Sim City was fun, I am a hardcore Counterstrike player and generally love military simulations or violent games (I don''t need the blood, its the weapons, the action, you know. ).

I am interested cliffski, what would you personally recommend me - now that I have Smugglers 2 ready to ship?

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

I would still say ship it. In our office we just spent an hour blasting away at castle wolfenstein test, and i would say now is no different to any other time in terms of players tastes.
Besides what if this is the start of years of conflict, you wont wait forever.
ship it

http://www.positech.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement