🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SNES Roms

Started by
4 comments, last by Keyframe 22 years, 9 months ago
does anybody know how to rip sprites and music from SNES Roms? (—`·._--={ Keyframe }=--_.·`—)
(—`·._--={ Keyframe }=--_.·`—)
Advertisement
Music is easy to do, but sprites are kind of harder. Try getting an SPC Winamp plugin from www.zophar.net, and download the music you want(zophar has hundreds of ripped full SPC SNES soundtracks, or you can use the tools there to rip them yourself). You can use Winamp to output the SPC file as a wav file onto your harddrive.

For sprites, I would suggest using ZSNES and its "screenshot+advance frame" tool. Its tricky to hit the F1 key just as the animation starts, but you can get it without too much trouble. Then just use an image editor to crop out the sprite you want from all the screenshots you took. I think ZSNES can disable all background graphics too, making it just that much easier to crop and edit the sprite.
You could start by looking for a game engine called MUGEN.
Then hunt down anything to do with MUGEN characters packs.
BAsically, MUGEN is an engine that allows one to play their favourite console beat them up on a PC. The thing is that there is a horde of fans around the Net that went and grabbed sprites from all the big names.
So don''t worry, jsut be patient, and you''ll enjoy more than you can handle
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
To Rip isn''t Art
why don''t you build your own characters?
(except if you wanna make a parody)

There is a lot of talented peoples in this art forum, ask them some good work.
First, thanks for the help guys.

And now for ripping art part. Dude, I am a professional 3D animator. I know about ripping art issues and stuff. I wan''t to create a video with retro feeling that has to include sprites from old classics.
My temp test art is at http://dominik.freeservers.com

soon, I''ll post character stuff.

Ok, if it''s for revival or some memorial it work ...

Sorry , i''m so tired of RpgMaker-like Newbies...lot of poo..

Good luck with your video...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement