🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sprite Re-Enhancer

Started by
8 comments, last by DeShawn 22 years, 9 months ago
I need somebody to touch up some sprites I made. To see what I mean by "touch up", click this URL: http://angelfire.lycos.com/oh4/DeShawnToonsUltra/Gradient.html Angelfire does not allow linking to images, so thats why I provided the URL. If your interested, reply to this post, or E-mail me. My E-mail is wheeters@neo.rr.com Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
tooo... vauge. but if you more accuratly describe what you want. i might be able to assist you a bit.
uh.. make a pale green border?
The green block is an example of how I want you to fix up my graphics. I want the artist to give them some shading. I'm supposed to send you the real sprites through E-mail.

Not being cocky, but if I posted the real sprites... they might get swiped. :-0

EDIT: Explained more throughly.

Edited by - DeShawn on September 30, 2001 9:20:56 AM
I still dont quite get what you mean, but I think this is supposed to be in the "HELP WANTED" section.
Make a program to do it for you!

- Find the edges of each patch of each color. (Edge detection)
- "Fuzzily" darken the bottom and right sides of the patch and lighten the top and left edges using some kind of function (linear, exponentional, logarithmic, whatever looks best).

How your algorithm works depends partly on the color depth of your sprites. If you''re inputting low-bpp or very posterized sprites, then edge-detection is easy. Given your example, I assume that''s what you''ll be working with.
I guess I will take it to the HELP WANTED section.

TerranFury, if the HELP WANTED section has trouble understanding this, I''ll think about your idea.
DeShawn, please don''t be afraid to share your art. The fact that you created it means it is automatically copyrighted by you, and illegal for someone else to "swipe" them. Besides, anyone could just as easily swipe them from a completed game... are you going to hold off releasing your game also?
Well, I''ve decided that I may have to gradient-fill my own sprites.

As for the game... hmm... may have the BMP images in PAK files. Though there are many PAK viewers, it will keep the game more organized.

Like on the Help Wanted board, I will post what I call "Fake Example Shots". They are screenshots that aren''t an actual programming shot, but a bunch of bitmaps I put together to show what the game''ll look like.
The job is still open if anybody wants th gradient fill the sprites themselves.

Besides that, as it was requested...

This link shows off my sprites in an example shot:
http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/DeShawnToonsUltra/ExamPics.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement