🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mesh Conversion

Started by
3 comments, last by Someone1 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I wanted to ask if it is possible to convert a Poser Figure into a 3D Studio max mesh? I know its possible but I mean if its worth the effort. This is just to get the mesh. No animations, no poses, no textures and nothing else. Simply convert the figure into wireframe mesh, cut down the polys with a poly reducer and do all the texturing and animations with 3D Studio max and Character Studio. Would I be able to do such a thing? Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Yes. And quite easy. Simply save the model in Poser under .3ds format and import the file in 3dsmax.
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
Yes. And quite easy. Simply save the model in Poser under .3ds format and import the file in 3dsmax.

Wow. That easy? I thought its gonna require some type of converter and complicated things. Thanks. This is great news

If I may impose on this thread, if I have a Poser mesh, but no longer have access to Poser, is there any software that I can download to convert it to a more normal format (3DS, OBJ, ASE)?

"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
quote: Original post by Merrick
If I may impose on this thread, if I have a Poser mesh, but no longer have access to Poser, is there any software that I can download to convert it to a more normal format (3DS, OBJ, ASE)?

http://www.habware.at/duck.htm

Try the above. You should find a .obj importer/exporter which would allow you to convert poser.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement