🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Creating isometric graphics in 3D studio

Started by
2 comments, last by JaZsT 22 years, 9 months ago
Hello !! I am working on a 2D isometric RGP game, and I wan''t to know how to render objects in 3D studio, so that I can use them in a isometric game (like Diablo, etc). How do I set that "isometric wiev" ? How do I set the angle under which I want to render an object??? Thanks in advance! -- Uros Life lived unexplored is life not worth living !
Life lived unexplored is life not worth living !
Advertisement
Just set up a standard camera to use to render all the shots. If you use the same camera object you should be able to easily tell if your object is scaled correctly and how it is going to look in your 2D engine. Play around with different angles to see what works for you. Try a camera sitting at 100,100,100 and looking at the origin. In an isometric projection that gives you a 45 degree angle to all the axes. Really, all of your sprites will probably need tweaking anyway, no matter how you render them. What program are you using?

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/isometricviewinmax.htm
Exactly!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement