🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

An Idea...

Started by
2 comments, last by mason 24 years, 5 months ago
I was browsing the Gauntlet forum when an idea hit me... What gamedev.net needs is a "Amatuer Projects" database. The message board and workshop are great, but I''m thinking of something a little more complex. Imagine this: Tom wants to make a game. He goes to gamedev.net, registers himself, then goes to this new "GameDev Amatuer Projects Database" and creates an entry explaining what his game is about, the genre, etc. (This would be the new equivalent of Tom posting a message in "Help Wanted"). People who are interested in joining a team can then query the database (i.e., give me all amatuer teams who need AI coders for an RPG title in Portland, OR.) Someone sees Tom''s entry, and decides they want in, so they send Tom a message, Tom lets them join, then updates his database entry to show the new people working on the project. In other words, I''m saying "Let''s spin up some cool web-database code to do exactly what Geoff did with the Gauntlet project last Saturday." Whaddya think? Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Advertisement
Sounds like an extremely good idea to me. It would be a great place for people to advertise their game projects, get new people involved and get help with possible problems. It would also be a great place to look for a game that takes your fancy and help out.

Hope it sees the light of day
Good idea. :-)

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

Sounds like a good idea to me too. I''ll talk to the others and work out the details.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement