🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Direct3D Isometrics...

Started by
0 comments, last by Goodlife 24 years, 5 months ago
Hello all. I''ve been playing with this for SIX DAYS now, and I still can''t work it out. Will some Direct3D jock out there help me? I wrote a game like sim-city. The only difference is, I wanted the city to be rotatable. I wrote a whole 3d engine myself and used Direct3D only to connect points that I pre-computed and draw the polygons quickly. Works fine. Someone told me I could more than double my speed if I let the graphics card do all the transformations for me. So, SIX DAYS ago, I sat down and tried to set up a viewport and a camera position. I can''t get it to do a damn thing. First off, I draw my whole screen from origin 0,0,0... which is pixel location 320,240 after I put it through my transformations. Direct 3D cuts off anything appearing below Y location 240 as being too close to the camera. I tried adjusting my front clipping plane. If I make my front clipping plane any number but "1" nothing shows up at all. Second, How can I point my camera somewhere? I looked longingly at the C++ function SetViewMatrix, which lets you put a camera at a location, pointing at another location. But I program in C. So I set about translating the function to C. I don''t know enough about C++ to do this. Does anyone have a copy of a ''put camera here, pointed here'' function that generates a view matrix? Please help. I''m nearly ready to pull my hair out. Thanks. Goodlife
-- Goodlife-----------------------------Those whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad.--DirectX design team official motto
Advertisement
Okay you jerks, thanks for not replying!
I figured it out myself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement