🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any ideas for a Megaman X storyline?

Started by
3 comments, last by Khaiy 11 years, 9 months ago
I'm working on a fangame called Megaman X Abridged. However, I am having trouble coming up with any ideas for a story. Maybe you guys could help me get started with one? I know this doesn't have to be Final Fantasy storytelling, but I don't want to release a game with no storyline. I don't want to release a game that is like "oh noez the Mavericks are attacking the city stop them" either. Could you guys give me some ideas? Thanks.
I am the man who will become the pirate king!
Advertisement
a·bridge, a·bridged, a·bridg·ing. 1. to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents

Given the title of the game, perhaps it would be more correct to simply use some of the original storyline... Just my six-pence though. biggrin.png

Given the title of the game, perhaps it would be more correct to simply use some of the original storyline... Just my six-pence though. biggrin.png

I'd agree with that. But to each his own.

It has been a long while since I have played a Megaman X game, so I can't give you a scenario using specific characters. I could throw out a scenario though.

- Megaman has been hired to go deep into a resource base that has a wide variety of energy supplies. Unfortunately, the area is extremely hazardous, so he has been selected to find, or create, safe passage for workers on land to go down and extract the materials.

From here, you can have the player play as Megaman X, exploring the mine, eradicating enemies, etc, etc.

- Megaman makes it to an end room. Megaman was never hired, but instead, tricked into going deep within the mines. He is apprehended, and the culprits takes bits of his armor, and his data, and create an alternate Megaman. Megaman, after being rescued from the resource base, must fight and destroy the alternate Megaman.

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jasminecoopermusic

"The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you are an artist." Max Jacob

Not story-related, but are you aware of the legal implications of using someone else's Intellectual Property?

Some reading regarding that: http://www.sloperama.com/advice/faq61.htm

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Prinz Eugn's post is very important before you get much further into development of your game.

However, one thing that I always felt was briefly mentioned and then dropped in each Megaman X game is the tension between humans and the Reploids. A more social or political storyline would be a welcome change from the "Sigma has infected a bunch more robots... this time they're named after Guns 'n Roses members!".

But if you're going to be doing a different plotline anyways, why not just make a megaman clone and not bother so much with the intellectual property? After X8 and Command Mission I'm not sure there's a whole lot of Megaman X left other than a D-list array of Mavericks attacking the city for no reason.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement