🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DirectPlay Windows

Started by
1 comment, last by Goodlife 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi all-- Does anyone know how to stop directplay from popping up an interface window when you tell it to start? I would like to have the player enter a phone number, IP number, COM number, etc, somewhere else in the program, and then just pass that to directplay to use. The SDK documentation on this is a joke! It says you can do it, but neglects to say how. Anyone done it?
-- Goodlife-----------------------------Those whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad.--DirectX design team official motto
Advertisement
I've never actually coded anything like that, but I believe what you have to do is assemble the directplay address yourself and then pass it directly into the system. (When the dialogs pop up, that's DirectPlay assembling the address for you).

If you do a search on directplay addresses, and then a little help file hunting, hopefully you'll find a document that tells you what you need to do.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com

Edited by - mason on 1/12/00 5:10:39 PM
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
You have to use the directplay lobby to build the address. There is an article here on how to do that (mine).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement