🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

RGB Device problem

Started by
0 comments, last by Ro 24 years, 5 months ago
Okay, I''ve been trying to figure this one out for at least three days now. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to where the problem may be. I''m trying to draw a transparent bitmap using TLVERTEX. Doing it using HAL works fine, however when I switch over to using an RGB device, it doesn''t show anything plus I get the following messages in the output window fo VC++: Direct3D7: (WARN) :SpanInit: No fast path rasterizer chosen Direct3D7: (INFO) rofile:DrawPrimitive(Device7):TRIANGLESTRIP:D3DTLVERTEX Direct3D7: (INFO) Rast)Non primitive operation operation in DrawPrimitives2 I can''t figure out what those messages mean about "SpanInit" and the "non primitive" operation. Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
I have nearly the same problem-- when I use the HAL, God smiles on me. When I switch to software, I either get nothing, or direct3d randomly culls triangles from me (I usually use CULL_NONE).

So I''d like to hear if anyone knows why this happens-- I thought d3d was supposed to handle switching from HAL to HEL smoothly.
-- Goodlife-----------------------------Those whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad.--DirectX design team official motto

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement